12.08.2009

5am Insomnia.


Why limit ourselves? Why try to mold ourselves to fit into the society we don't believe in?

People are twisted in the worst way, and I'm not talking about the pedophiles and rapist roaming the streets of our community right now, that's another topic I'll get on in a later post, Im talking broader like you and me. Why do we feel like we need to change ourselves completely to please others? We all do it! I too have victimized myself into caring what others in my community truly thought about me. Honestly why do we care?

Life is about expression, its about living the way you want to live and not have to worry about the thoughts of those sitting across from you at the coffee shop.

As I'm typing this I no longer care what you or the person peeping over your shoulder is thinking about me. It's time to just celebrate who we are as human beings. That's where all the real inspiration comes from. Not the barbies or the kens floating around in the industry (no shots fired). Nor does it come from the rappers with the big chains and iced out grills that they can barely speak through (agian no shots fired).

It's from lifestyle individuals like these



Photographers like this...


Who take shots like these...



Producers like this


Who does tracks for artists like this


This is where inspiration needs to be drawn from. From individuals like these. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but expression like this doesn't get any better.

So rid yourself of the ridiculousness of society's rules and become your own person. Become a walking inspiration for others. Let's not give into the trends or the fads, besides being like others gets pricey, being yourself is priceless. (corny I know, buy you all get the point! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Yanna!!! lol nice blog lady!!
    Off to Harlem bar we goo!!~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh fuck ppl. My distaste for them is only surpassed by my distaste for money. Their only saving grace is that they're interesting and I'm like a moth to a flame when it comes to interesting things.
    Haha I make no sense to anyone other than myself.

    But really tho, we all kno were not supposed to mind what ppl think of us but it's another thing entirely to really decide not to give a fuck.
    Do what u gotta do for yourself. It's the only true path to happiness.

    But on a lighter note... Harlem Bar?!? U know alcohol might be my favorite thing on earth!! Lol

    ReplyDelete